1. 1 Brief Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Vuchic is Emeritus Professor of Transportation Systems Engineering and of City and Regional Planning at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He obtained his Ph.D. degree from the University of California at Berkeley in 1966. In 1967 he founded the Transportation Systems Engineering program at the University of Pennsylvania. He has also lectured at over 150 other universities and at many professional conferences. His research, focusing mostly on urban transportation systems, planning and policies, has been published in his “Transit Trilogy:” books, several of which have been translated into Japanese, Serbian, Russian, Chinese and Turkish languages. He has been consultant to U.S. Department of Transportation, cities of Belgrade, Beijing, Lima, Naples, Perth, Philadelphia, Rome, Singapore and transit agencies BART, WMATA, NYCT, SEPTA, TTC, Moscow Metro, and many others.
In 1982 Vuchic became the first recipient of the “Dr. Friedrich Lehner Medal” in Germany. In 1990 he was awarded the University of Pennsylvania’s UPS Foundation Chair in Transportation. He is a Foreign Member of Serbian and Russian Academies of Sciences & Arts.
Professor Vuchic retired in 2010. In 2011 he received Honorary Doctorate from the CNAM University in Paris, in 2014 from the University of Waterloo in Canada. In 2014 the American Public Transportation Association gave him a Lifetime of Academic Distinction Award.
1. 2 Personal
- Born: 1935 in Belgrade, Serbia (Yugoslavia).
- Immigrated in 1961; U.S. citizen since 1968.
- Married to Radmila Vuchic, Ph.D.; They have four children: Monika, MPH, CRNP, Boris, Ph.D, Lili, M.A., Victor, M.S. and eight grandchildren.
- Interests: Music, International relations, History, Geography, Mountaineering, Table tennis.
1.3 Contact Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (215) 898-8345
- Emeritus Professor Vukan R. Vuchic
- Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Towne Building 220 South 33rd Street
- University of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia PA 19104-6315, U.S.A